We Care About Our Community
BNS has always placed a strong emphasis on community involvement. We regularly seek to carry this approach beyond the walls of our school.
We strive to teach our children the importance of caring for and helping others. To help impart these lessons and give back to our community, students, staff and families participate in many service efforts throughout the year in Bethesda and metro area community, including:
- Participating in the The Salvation Army Angels program by adopting “angels” and purchasing gifts for these children in need.
- Collecting funds for Pennies for Patients, benefitting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
- Making sandwiches for area homeless through Bethesda Cares.
- Coordinating in-school visits with seniors through the Bannockburn neighborhood’s Neighbors Assisting Neighbors initiative.
- Raising funds for St. Jude's Children’s Research Hospital through our annual Trike-A-Thon.
- Writing “Thank You Pages” for a book to our local firefighters.
- Hosting a toy drive for Dr. Bear’s Closet at Children’s National Hospital.
- Donating food to a local middle school for their “backpack food pantry program.”